CELTA ‐ Cambridge Assessment English Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults, is the most widely recognised initial professional qualification accredited level 5 on the UK National Qualification Framework (NQF). The course provides initial training in TEFL, but will also suit those who are already in the profession but who have no formal or practical qualification.
To download more info about the CELTA, click here:
CELTA courses may be followed on an intensive, semi-intensive or ONLINE – blended basis.
|CELTA courses details|
|Minimum English Level: C1/C2||Course length
- Intensive courses: 4 or 5 weeks
- Semi-intensive courses: 10-12 weeks
- Online Blended course: 6 months
|Minimum age: 20|
Maximum course size: 15/18
Teacher to student ratio: 1 to 5/1 to 6
|Lesson days & times
- Intensive courses: Monday to Friday/Monday to Thursday
- Semi intensive courses: Tuesdays and Fridays
9.00 - 17-00
Online Blended course
You will have to be physically present at the center on Teaching Practice days on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9.00 to 13.15
|Cost: €1.880,00/€1.700,00 including Cambridge fee||Dates & fees: for dates & fees 2019-2020 click here|
CELTA intensive courses:
- 10/02/2020 – 12/03/2020 (5 week course)
- 02/03/2020 – 27/03/2020 – at IH Split
- 04/05/2020 – 29/05/2020 – at IH Florence
- 01/06/2020 – 26/06/2020
- 22/06/2020 – 17/07/2020 – at IH Pescara
- 01/07/2019 – 28/07/2020
CELTA semi-intensive courses:
Teaching Practice and seminars delivered online via Zoom. Should the ban on face-2-face didactic activity be lifted after April 3rd, the course will be running at our school in Viale Manzoni.
- 31/03/2020 – 12/06/2020
CELTA Online Course:
- 02/05/2020 – 18/07/2020
Each course is approved by Cambridge Assessment Enghlish and satisfies the CELTA regulations and requirements that ensure that courses:
- are delivered by Cambridge Assessment English ‐ approved staff with the relevant experience and training;
- provide tutorial guidance, support and feedback for all candidates, for both teaching practice and written work;
- include a minimum of 120 hours contact with course tutors including individual tutorials;
- provide 6 hours directed observation of experienced teachers and 6 hours assessed teaching practice;
- are delivered in approved premises and with full access to the required resources;
- maintain and provide course records and provide candidate records; observe local laws regarding staff employment and copyright;
- provide candidates with full information regarding candidate enquiries on results and complaints procedure
The syllabus covers the following areas: techniques for developing speaking, listening, reading and writing skills;
- presenting and practising new language;
- classroom management;
- lesson planning;
- practical awareness of language learning and processing;
- language forms and meanings and variations in language styles.
Applicants must have a good standard of education equivalent to that required to enter university or college, have a standard of English equal to C1+ of the Common European Framework and be at least 20 years of age.
Applicants are accepted on completion of a successful interview. Telephone/Skype interviews can be arranged for candidates living outside Italy.
To apply online, click here: Application Form
Terms & Conditions
To download our Terms & Conditions info click here: Terms & Conditions