CELTA ‐ Cambridge Assessment English Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, is the most widely recognised initial professional qualification accredited level 5 on the UK National Qualification Framework (NQF). The course provides initial training in TEFL, but will also suit those who are already in the profession but who have no formal or practical qualification.
CELTA Course Details
CELTA courses may be followed on an intensive, semi-intensive or ONLINE – blended basis.
|CELTA courses details|
|Minimum English Level: C1/C2||Course length
- Intensive courses: 4 or 5 weeks
- Semi-intensive courses: 10-12 weeks
- Online Blended course: 6 months
|Minimum age: 20|
Maximum course size: 15/18
Teacher to student ratio: 1 to 5/1 to 6
|Lesson days & times
- Intensive courses: Monday to Friday/Monday to Thursday
- Semi intensive courses: Tuesdays and Fridays
9.00 - 17.00 (GMT+1)
Online Blended course
You will have to be physically present at the center on Teaching Practice days on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9.00 to 13.15
|Cost: €1.550,00 including Cambridge fee||Download CELTA Dates and Fees 2021|
Due to the Covid-19 outbreak and the world wide lockdowns, Cambridge Assessment English is offering for a limited timeframe the unique opportunity to do the whole CELTA Course fully online. It gives you the advantage to save your travel, accommodation and visa costs and stay safe in your home and make the most of your time.
To download frequently asked questions (FAQ) about new fully online CELTA course, click here:
Fully Online intensive CELTA courses:
- 31/05/2021 – 02/07/2021: Teaching practice and seminars delivered via Zoom from Monday to Thursday, 9:00-17:00 (GMT+1). N.B. Friday 04/06 and 02/07 are course days as 02/06 and 29/06 are national holidays.
- 31 May 2021 – 02 July 2021: Teaching practice and seminars delivered via Zoom from Monday to Thursday, 9:00-17:00 (GMT+1).
- 28/06/2021 – 29/07/2021: Teaching practice and seminars delivered via Zoom from Monday to Thursday, 9:00-17:00 (GMT+1). N.B. Friday 02/07 is course day 29/06 is a national holiday.
- 16 August 2021- 16 September 2021: Teaching practice and seminars delivered via Zoom from Monday to Thursday, 9:00-17:00 (GMT+1).
- 06 September 2021- 07 October 2021: Teaching practice and seminars delivered via Zoom from Monday to Thursday, 9:00-17:00 (GMT+1).
- 08 November 2021- 10 December 2021: Teaching practice and seminars delivered via Zoom from Monday to Thursday, 9:00-17:00 (GMT+1).
|Special Fee Intensive CELTA – Fully Online|
|Total (including Cambridge fee)||€1550,00|
Fully Online semi-intensive CELTA courses:
- 15 October 2021- 21 December 2021: Teaching Practice and seminars delivered via Zoom on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9.00 to 17.00 (GMT+1).
|Special Fee semi-intensive CELTA – Fully Online|
|Total (including Cambridge fee)||€1550,00|
Fully Online CELTA Blended course
- 13 November 2021- 23 April 2022: 9-13.30 (GMT+1) Online Zoom delivery on Sat + asynchronous delivery through Cambridge Moodle.
- Teaching practice is delivered via Zoom on Saturdays, 9:00-13:30 (GMT+1) or 14.00-18.30 (GMT+1).
- Seminars are delivered through the Cambridge Moodle platform via tasks.
Each course is approved by Cambridge Assessment Enghlish and satisfies the CELTA regulations and requirements that ensure that courses:
- are delivered by Cambridge Assessment English ‐ approved staff with the relevant experience and training;
- provide tutorial guidance, support and feedback for all candidates, for both teaching practice and written work;
- include a minimum of 120 hours contact with course tutors including individual tutorials;
- provide 6 hours directed observation of experienced teachers and 6 hours assessed teaching practice;
- are delivered in approved premises and with full access to the required resources;
- maintain and provide course records and provide candidate records; observe local laws regarding staff employment and copyright;
- provide candidates with full information regarding candidate enquiries on results and complaints procedure
The syllabus covers the following areas: techniques for developing speaking, listening, reading and writing skills;
- presenting and practising new language;
- classroom management;
- lesson planning;
- practical awareness of language learning and processing;
- language forms and meanings and variations in language styles.
Applicants must have a good standard of education equivalent to that required to enter university or college, have a standard of English equal to C1+ of the Common European Framework and be at least 20 years of age.
Applicants are accepted on completion of a successful interview. Telephone/Skype interviews can be arranged for candidates living outside Italy.
To apply online, click here: Application Form
Terms & Conditions
To download our Terms & Conditions info click here: Terms & Conditions
To download more info about the CELTA, click here:
“If you want to be a professional English teacher your first step is taking CELTA, my English professor recommended, so I had this course in mind, and when I saw the online course option – I knew this was the right one for me! I was absolutely right! The 5-week course was so very productive – there was no commuting time and every minute was useful and purposeful, plus this is a really professionally developed course aimed at making you a real teacher. We covered topics such as teaching skills and language, professionalism, and language awareness just to name a few. This was both a challenge and a very fun experience because the trainers were so friendly and supportive. In my opinion this course is intensive and the best way to take it is from the comfort of your home.”
– Bahar K.
‘I simply loved the Celta with IH Rome and my great and professional tutors, Flo and Chris: they were supportive, providing constructive, accurate and punctual feedback for each of our activities. It was a challenging and yet unforgettable experience.’
– Paola B
My CELTA course has been quite an intense journey, the stress levels and the roller coaster of mixed feelings made it quite a wild ride! But I feel I left the course enriched and I really appreciated my tutors’ support. They guided me throughout the course and now, that I can finally sit back and think about the big picture, I’m quite satisfied with the success I managed to achieve despite the difficulties. As a working mom of two, stuck home during the lockdown, I also found very helpful to take the course online, it made my life easier and I had to face the challenge to learn how to teach online and this skill, in the end, will come in handy for my job too. Go for it!
– Valeria A.
CELTA online has been a great experience, because it totally felt like I was not missing out on anything the regular course would have offered me. It was very well-organized and the tutors were present and engaged with every student, which I deeply appreciated. If anything, being able to attend the course from the comfort of my own home made it easier to enjoy the lessons. In fact, doing CELTA on Zoom gives you the opportunity to relax and a bit more between sessions, which can be a bit challenging and tiring. Overall, I definitely recommend CELTA online!”
– Annachiara C.