CELTA ‐ Cambridge English Language Assessment Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults, is the most widely recognised initial professional qualification accredited level 5 on the UK National Qualification Framework (NQF). The course provides initial training in TEFL, but will also suit those who are already in the profession but who have no formal or practical qualification.
To download more info about the CELTA, click here:
CELTA courses may be followed on an intensive, semi-intensive or ONLINE - blended basis.
Minimum English Level: C1/C2
Intensive courses: 4 or 5 weeks
Semi-intensive courses: 10-12 weeks
Online Blended course: 6 months
Minimum age: 20
Maximum course size: 15/18
Intensive courses: Monday to Friday/Monday to Thursday
Semi intensive courses: Tuesdays and Fridays
Online Blended course: Saturdays 9 - 13
Teacher to student ratio: 1 to 5/1 to 6
Lessons times: 9.00 – 17.00
Cost: €1.880,00/€1.700,00 including Cambridge fee
Dates & fees:
for dates & fees 2018/2019 click here
Upcoming intensive courses:
05/11/2018 - 06/12/2018 (5 week course)
11/02/2019 - 14/03/2019 (5 week course)
Upcoming semi-intensive courses:
12/10/2018 – 21/12/2018
15/03/2019 – 28/05/2019
Upcoming ONLINE - blended course
03/11/2018 – 11/05/2019
Each course is approved by Cambridge Enghlish Language Assessment and satisfies the CELTA regulations and requirements that ensure that courses:
- are delivered by Cambridge English Language Assessment‐approved staff with the relevant experience and training;
- provide tutorial guidance, support and feedback for all candidates, for both teaching practice and written work;
- include a minimum of 120 hours contact with course tutors including individual tutorials;
- provide 6 hours directed observation of experienced teachers and 6 hours assessed teaching practice;
- are delivered in approved premises and with full access to the required resources;
- maintain and provide course records and provide candidate records; observe local laws regarding staff employment and copyright;
- provide candidates with full information regarding candidate enquiries on results and complaints procedure.
The syllabus covers the following areas: techniques for developing speaking, listening, reading and writing skills;
- presenting and practising new language;
- classroom management;
- lesson planning;
- practical awareness of language learning and processing;
- language forms and meanings and variations in language styles.
Applicants must have a good standard of education equivalent to that required to enter university or college, have a standard of English equal to C1+ of the Common European Framework and be at least 20 years of age.
Applicants are accepted on completion of a successful interview. Telephone/Skype interviews can be arranged for candidates living outside Italy.
To apply online, click here: Application Form
To download our Terms & Conditions info click here: Terms & Conditions